Sunday, May 10, 2009

The First Time

What an energizing and at the same time, exhausting experience teaching a movement class is! My nerves were negligible once I got my body moving, but I was aware of how much louder I play the music at home. Having the music quieter in the class makes it easier for the students to hear me, but it makes it harder for me to hear the music cues I rely on. Some feedback I got was that I was hard to hear over the music... I plan to look into types of amplification for the voice so that I can have the best of both worlds. Angela, my voice teacher, reminded me that the main cause for vocal damage with fitness instructors, is with straining against loud music to be heard. I don't want to end up in that boat. I love singing too. Actually, I love singing while dancing! It's a good way to tell if you're pushing yourself too hard. It's like the talk test with any working out you are doing. If you can't have a chat while exercising, you are working too hard - if you can't sing along with the tunes, you are pushing yourself too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment